HONOURS / AWARDS / RECOGNITION
Nominated as IAAM Fellow
- International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM) nominated Prof. Hussain as ‘IAAM Fellow’ in the year 2022 (October) in recognition of the contribution towards “Advancement of Materials to Global Excellence” click for details
Youtube link for lecture – click here
Faculty Recognition by Tripura University for academic achievement (2021)
- Tripura University honoured with certificate and medal to recognize the academic achievements on 15th August, 2021 click here click here
Ranked 2nd by Indian Researchers Information Network System (2020-till date)
- According to Indian Researchers Information Network System (IRINS), NME ICT, Govt of India Dr. S. A. Hussain ranked second among all Tripura University faculty members based on research and academic output. click here
Editorial Board Member (2019):
Editorial Board Member (2018):
Visiting Scientist (2018):
- Visited Yamaguchi University and Osaka University, Japan during 7-19 March, 2018 as Visiting Scientist. This visit was a part of the collaborative research with Prof Jun Kawamata’s Lab at Yamaguchi University and Prof. T. Matsumoto’s Lab at Osaka University, Japan.
Editorial Board Member (2013):
- Applied Clay Science (Elsevier: IF = 4.605) (April, 2013 – till date) click here
Recognition for project output:
- Based on the research work & output following of my project has been selected under “Excellent Category” by DST, Govt. of India.
Title: Fabrication and characterizations of ultrathin films obtained by molecular self assembly method through electrostatic interactions (2010 – 2014)
Funding agency: DST, Govt of India (Fast Track Scheme for Young Scientist)
Sanctioned amount: Rs. 13.74 lakhs
PI: Dr. Syed Arshad Hussain
Visiting Scientist (2013):
Rasthriya Vidhya Samman Puruskar (2012)
- “Rasthriya Vidhya Samman Puruskar” (2012) by EGSI, New Delhi, India.
Visiting Scientist (2011):
- Visiting Scientist (May, 2011 to July, 2011), K. U. Leuven, Belgium.
Best paper (2011)
- Best paper presentation award in ICEAC-2011
- Felicitation by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh during 28-29 Oct., 2011.
Bharat Jyoti Award (2011)
- “Bharat Jyoti Award” (2011) by “The India International Friendship Society”, New Delhi, India.
- DAE-Young Scientist Research Award (2009-12) by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
- DST-Young Scientist Research Award by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India under first trach young scientist scheme.
- Tripura State Council of Science and Technology, Govt. of Tripura awarded Jagadish Chandra Bose Award-2009 for contribution in the area of research and developments.
Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow (2007 – 08):
Selected to attend Science Conclave with Nobel Laureate (2008):
- Selected to attend the Science Conclave: A Congregation of Nobel Prize Winners, Dec., 15-21, 2008.
Felicitation by State Journalist Forum, Tripura India (2009)
You are visitor No: