» Links: @ Google SCHOLAR : ORCID : REASERCHER ID
» Dr. S. A. Hussain has joined as the Editorial Board Member of Applied Clay Science (Elsevier Journal, IF = 3.101)
Dr. S. A. Hussain is working in the Department of Physics, Tripura University (A Central University) since 2004. He has published more than 92 research papers in peer reviewed journals. His current area of research interest includes – Thin film and Nanoscience: Organo-clay hybrid, FRET, Biosensor, Biomimetic Surfaces, Langmuir films.
He has earned the Ph.D. degree from Tripura University and did his Postdoctoral research work at Centre for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis of K. U. Leuven, Belgium during 2007 – 08 with Prof. Robert A. Schoonheydt.
Department of Physics
Suryamaninagar – 799022
Phone: +91 9862804849 (M)
+91 381 2379119 (O)
Fax: +91 381 2374802 (O)
Selected publications: To see total list of publications – click here
1. Reversible Transition between Excimer and J-Aggregate of an Indocarbocyanine Dye in Langmuir – Blodgett (LB) Films: The Journal of Physical Chemistry C (accepted for publication)
2. Development of a sensor to study the DNA conformation using molecular logic gates: Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 136 (2015) 1797–1802
3. Sensing of DNA conformation based on change in FRET efficiency between laser dyes: Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 204 (2014) 746–753
4. Development of an Ion-Sensor using Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer: Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 195 (2014) 382–388
5. Development of hard water sensor using Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer: Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical 184 (2013) 268 – 273
6. Langmuir-Blodgett monolayers of cationic dyes in the presence and absence of clay mineral layers: N,N’ -dioctadecyl thiacyanine, octadecyl rhodamine B and laponite: Langmuir 2010, 26(14), 11870–11877
Click here to see the full publication list
♣ Click here to see full CV of Dr. S. A. Hussain Download in pdf
♣ News about our recent research on Molecular Logic Gates has been published as research highlight in PANE eNews Letter. Click to read
♣ Countries visited: (As a part of research collaboration & scientific interaction)
Belgium, Japan, Thailand, Netherland, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Turkey, Bangladesh.
♣ HONOURS / AWARDS / RECOGNITION
A. Visiting Post Doctoral Fellow (2007-08), K. U. Leuven, Belgium.
B. Selected to attend the Science Conclave: A Congregation of Nobel Prize Winners, Dec., 15-21, 2008.
C. Jagadish Chandra Bose Award-2009 by Govt. of Tripura, India.
D. DST-Young Scientist Research Award by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
E. DAE-Young Scientist Research Award (2009-12) by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
F. Felicitation by State Journalist Forum, Tripura India
G. Best paper presentation award in ICEAC-2011
H. Visiting Scientist (May, 2011 to July, 2011), K. U. Leuven, Belgium.
I. Felicitation by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh during 28-29 Oct., 2011.
J. “Bharat Jyoti Award” (2011) by “The India International Friendship Society”, New Delhi, India.
K. “Rasthriya Vidhya Samman Puruskar” (2012) by EGSI, New Delhi, India.
L. Visited Yamaguchi University, Japan during Nov-Dec, 2013 as a part of Cooperative Science Program of Yamaguchi University, Japan.
M. Visited Osaka University during Nov-Dec, 2013 as a part of Cooperative Science Program of Osaka University, Japan.
♣ Ph.D. Scholar guided (Completed):
1. Dr. Dhananjay Dey (2012)
Present Position: Asst. Professor, Tripura Institute of Technology, Tripura.
2. Dr. Nurul Islam (2013)
Present Position: Asst. Professor, Govt. Degree College, Tripura.
3. Dr. Sekhar Chakraborty (2013)
Present Position: Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Biotechnology & Engineering and the Institute of Applied Biosciences,
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev,Israel
4. Dr. Santanu Chakraborty (2015)
Present Position: Asst. Professor, Dept. of Physics, NIT, Tripura.
5. Dr. Dibyendu Dey (2015)
♣ Ph.D. Scholar guided (Ongoing):
» Ms. Jaba Saha (Registered)
» Mr. Pintu Debnath (Registered)
» Mr. Arpan Dutta Roy (Registered)
» Mr. Bapi Dey (Registered)
» Mr. Sudip Suklabaidya (Pursuing Course Work )
♣ Research Collaboration:
1. Prof. Robert A. Schoonheydt
Centre for Surface Science and Catalysis
K. U. Leuven, Belgium
2. Prof. Jun Kawamata
Department of Chemistry
Yamaguchi University, Japan
3. Prof. T. Matsumoto
Department of Chemistry & Macromolecular Science
Osaka University, Japan
4. Prof. Dilip Kumar Maiti, FRSC
Department of Chemistry
University of Calcutta, India
5. Dr. Pabitra Kumar Paul
Department of Physics
Jadavpur University, India
♣ Download review paper written by me:
1. Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET) sensor (Invited Review article) download pdf
2. Nano Dimensional Hybrid Organo-clay Langmuir-Blodgett Films (Invited review article) download pdf
4. Organo – Clay Hybrid Films With Improved Functionality (Invited Book chapter) download pdf
1. “If people are trying to pull you down….Be proud about it,
because it only confirms that you are above them”.
2. “Being Different Is One Of The Most Beautiful Things On Earth”.
» Resonance: Journal of Science Education – click here
» Current Science – click here
© Copyright: All the materials and full text available in this web page are strictly for personal use only. Any commercial use of them are strictly prohibited. The copyright belongs to the corresponding publishers.