Profile @ VIDWAN : Google SCHOLAR : ORCID : REASERCHER ID
publons : Researchgate : Microsoft Academic id
- Academic profile of Dr. S. Arshad Hussain – click here
- Profile of Tripura University under IRINS– click here
- Dr. S. A. Hussain has joined as the Editorial Board Member of Applied Clay Science (Elsevier, IF = 4.605)
- Dr S. A. Hussain joined the Editorial board of Recent patents on Nanotechnology (Bentham Science, IF = 1.75)
- Dr. S. A. Hussain has joined the Editorial board of Heliyon (Elsevier, IF=1.65) more …….
- Visit my non-research blog “Arshad’s Leisure Thoughts” Click here
Dr. Hussain ranked 2nd among TU faculty based on research profile click here
Recent ongoing publication of Monographs – click here
Congrats to Dr Bapi Dey & Dr Pintu Debnath for awarding Ph.D. Click here
Talk show by S. A. Hussain i) Save Science ii) Nanotechnology
Dr. S. A. Hussain is working in the Department of Physics, Tripura University (A Central University) since 2004. He has published more than 130 research papers in peer reviewed journals. His current area of research interest includes - Thin film and Nanoscience: Organo-clay hybrid, FRET, Biosensor, Biomimetic Surfaces, Langmuir films. He has earned the Ph.D. degree from Tripura University and did his Postdoctoral research work at Centre for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis of K. U. Leuven, Belgium during 2007 - 08 with Prof. Robert A. Schoonheydt.
- Full Professor: 14.06.2019 to till date (TU)
- Associate Professor (Stage-IV): 14.06.2016 to 13.06.2019 (TU)
- Assistant Professor (Stage-III): 14.06.2013 to 13.06.2016 (TU)
- Assistant Professor (Stage-II): 14.06.2008 to 13.06.2013 (TU)
- Visiting Scientist: 20.07.2007 to 03.08.2008 (K. U. Leuven, Belgium)
- Assistant Professor (Stage-I): 14.06.2004 to 13.06.2008 (TU)
- In May, 2018 Selected as full Professor at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India (Didn’t join)
Notice: Interested enthusiastic candidates for Ph.D. and PostDoc position in our group may drop email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physics
Tripura University (A Central University)
Suryamaninagar – 799022
Phone: +91 7005694182 (M) +91 9862804849 (M)
+91 381 2379119 (O)
Fax: +91 381 2374802 (O)
Research highlight of our laboratory – click here
- No of publication in peer reviewed journals: 130 (Review paper: 05)
- Full list of publications click here
- No of publication in conference proceedings: 24
- No of books edited / authored: 07 click for details
- No of paper presented in conference: 34 (Invited lecture: 16)
Selected recent publications:
- J. Phys. Chem. C 125 (2021) 15976 (ACS, IF=4.189) Download
- RSC Advances 11 (2021) 10212 (RSC, IF=3.070) download
- Langmuir 15 (2021) 4449 (ACS, IF=3.557) Download
- Chemistry Select 4 (2019) 9065 (Wiley, IF=1.716) Download
- Organic Electronics 55(2018)50 (Elsevier, IF =3.399) Download
- Scientific Reports 7(2017)13308 (2017) (Nature, IF = 4.259) Download
- Langmuir 33 (34) (2017) 8383 (ACS, IF=3.833) Download
- Sens. & Act. B. Chem. 255(2018)519 (Elsevier, IF = 7.46) Download
- Sens. & Act. B. Chem. 241 (2017) 1014 (Elsevier, IF = 7.46) Download
- Sens. & Act. B. Chem. 184 (2013) 268 (Elsevier; IF=7.46) download
- Sens. & Act. B. Chem. 195 (2014) 382 (Elsevier;IF=7.46) download
- Sens. & Act. B. Chem. 204 (2014) 746 (Elsevier; IF=7.46) download
Full list of publications: click here
Research Guidance: click here for details
Ongoing: Ph. D. — 04
Completed: Ph. D. — 09, M.Phill.: — 03, M.Sc. Dissertation: — 06
Belgium, Japan, Thailand, Netherland, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Turkey, Bangladesh, Malaysia.
(As a part of research collaboration & scientific interaction)
HONOURS / AWARDS / RECOGNITION
- Visiting Post Doctoral Fellow (2007-08), K. U. Leuven, Belgium.
- Selected to attend the Science Conclave: A Congregation of Nobel Prize Winners, Dec., 15-21, 2008.
- Jagadish Chandra Bose Award-2009 by Govt. of Tripura, India.
- DST-Young Scientist Research Award by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- DAE-Young Scientist Research Award (2009-12) by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
- Felicitation by State Journalist Forum, Tripura India
- Best paper presentation award in ICEAC-2011
- Visiting Scientist (May, 2011 to July, 2011), K. U. Leuven, Belgium.
- Felicitation by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh during 28-29 Oct., 2011.
- “Bharat Jyoti Award” (2011) by “The India International Friendship Society”, New Delhi, India.
- “Rasthriya Vidhya Samman Puruskar” (2012) by EGSI, New Delhi, India.
- Visiting Scientist, Yamaguchi University, Japan during Nov-Dec, 2013
- Visiting Scientist, Osaka University during Nov-Dec, 2013
- DST, Govt. of India declared a project as excellent category based on output (2010-14)
- Visiting Scientist, Yamaguchi University, Japan during 7-18 March, 2018
- Visiting Scientist, Osaka University during 7-18 March, 2018
- Editorial board member of Applied Clay Science (Elsevier, IF=4.605)
- Editorial board member of Heliyon (Elsevier, IF=1.65)
- Editorial Board Member of ” Recent patents on Nanotechnology“ (Bentham Science, IF = 1.475)
- Editorial Board Member of “Micro and Nanosystem” (Bentham Science)
- Editorial Board Member of “Nanoscience & Nanotechnology-Asia” (Bentham Science)
- Faculty Recognition by Tripura University for academic achievement (2021)
- Ranked 2nd by Indian Researchers Information Network System (2020-till date) click here
- Prof. Robert A. Schoonheydt; K. U. Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. Jun Kawamata; Yamaguchi University, Japan
- Prof. T. Matsumoto; Osaka University, Japan
- Prof. Dilip Kumar Maiti, FRSC; University of Calcutta, India
- Prof. M. M. Chehimi; CNRS, France
- Dr. Pabitra Kumar Paul; Jadavpur University, India
- Dr. Mrinal Pal; CGCRI, India
- Prof. S. Majumdar, Tripura University
- Prof. N. Mehta, BHU, India
- For further details click here
Review paper written by our group:
- Unique supramolecular assembly through LB technique Download
- Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET) sensor Download
- Nano Dimensional Hybrid Organo-clay LB Films Download
- Langmuir-Blodgett Films and Molecular Electronics Download
- Organo – Clay Hybrid Films With Improved Functionality Download
- Resistive Switching Behaviour of Organic Molecules (2021) Download
- FRET as Biomarkers (2021) Download
Invited Feature Article:
- Clay induced changes in the aggregation pattern of Safranine-O in hybrid LB films Download
J. Photochemistry & Photobiology A: Chemistry 348 (2017) 199–208
Inauguration of Third International Conference on Material Science (ICMS2020)
For details click here
- “If people are trying to pull you down….Be proud about it, because it only confirms that you are above them”.
- “Being Different Is One Of The Most Beautiful Things On Earth”.
- Enter to the Blog: Arshad’s Leisure Thought – click here
(Sharing of ideas and feelings regarding contemporary events in the eyes of a Material Science researcher)
- Resonance: Journal of Science Education – click here
- Current Science – click here
- Important resources – click here
- Literature – click here
- Link to download ebooks: click here
Research & Development Statistics (2019-201) of Govt. of India: click here
© Copyright: All the materials and full text available in this web page are strictly for personal use only. Any commercial use of them are strictly prohibited. The copyright belongs to the corresponding publishers.